When to use this component
You should use it in a confirmation page at the end of a transaction.
How it works
Confirmation pages reassure users that they have completed a transaction and helps them understand what to expect next.
Your confirmation page must include:
- a reference number, if there is one
- details of what happens next and when
- contact details for the service
- links to information or services that users are likely to need next
- a link to your feedback page
- a way for users to save a record of the transaction, for example, as a PDF
Research is needed on the best way to confirm transactions that are part of a wider user task. For example, where you might need to emphasise next steps more than completion of that particular transaction.